Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National running day

Yesterday, after months of waking up gripping my back to walk I had my left SI joint injected. On the positive side, I feel better and now I can actually coach kids on what it feels like. Most importantly I survived.

I was thrilled to wake up and not feel that needle pain and begin my day straight up. I did a quick walk with some intermittent running! This may not impress many but to me I am empowered... Seriously, I ran in intervals~ BUT I RAN! I will not win a race but I have confidence on National running day that I did it!

In my heart I wish I was a runner... I am not quite there. But setting little goals to at least have fun with some ladies... (more to come with that) You have to be a dirty girl to understand!

I think a beautiful day, a brisk walk with some trotting in between inspired me to work on the benefit and make some progress. My study is beginning to look a lot like a benefit!

My thought for the day.... you know you are a walker when you dream of a world without breast cancer and believe in your heart it will happen one day.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment