Sunday, May 29, 2011

On my mind today.....

I started my day off today with a nice walk with friends. To be honest, after barely having a cup of coffee in and heading down the highway to meet my walking buddies I called my friend and told her it was realllllly foggy. My friend said "well then, take it slow!" Duh! Honestly, I was thinking the safety queen she is that she would say... oh honey.. go back to bed, take it easy... but nope! Take it slow.

Isn't that the lesson in life. Once I am on the road, I can keep going. I know that if I don't train, 60 miles will be harder than it should! Fortunately for me this walk included breakfast after 5 miles and almost a mile to walk it off!

I continued my day taking it slow, I went to Target and I let people go ahead of me. I waited in line at a nursery and bought flowers after a lovely lady helped me. (A shout out for Waukesha Floral & Planteriors)
I went to Home Depot in the rain and started to buy bagged dirt and thought.... I can get this tomorrow!
The other thought that kept with me ALL DAY was.... thinking of 8 people I loved today. 1 of those 8 people have already died of breast cancer in their lifetime... Since, I lost Abby to breast cancer do I have to start counting again?

I challenge you to think of 8 people. Write there names down of people you love. Could you loose any one of them? Probably not, I can't go through it again... But, I hope you will never have to go through that and donate to us Abby's Angels for the CURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment